Church Planting Movements (CPMs) begin as people of peace help their family and friends discover God in the Word of God and respond to God in obedience. This obedience-based discipleship process is recognized as a “movement” when it leads to 100 or more new locally initiated and led churches, three generations deep, within two years.
There are six distinct steps in the CPM process, each of which informs both prayer and strategy:
- Gaining access into a community, usually by meeting the needs of people.
- Finding people of peace – or being found by them by letting them see God working in us.
- Getting to know the family of the person of peace and their close friends.
- Coaching the person of peace to lead a Discovery Bible Study for their family and friends.
- Seeing this family or group become a baptized group of believers.
- Mentoring the leaders of this baptized group of believers to help the group become a reproducing church.
Ultimately, however, church planting movements are acts of God through His Spirit and His people who are obedient to the Word and the Spirit … so please join us in prayer for church planting movements throughout Bulgaria. Thanks!